Cash Flow Hobby
The Art of Value Investing: Essential Strategies for Market-Beating Returns
Author: Whitney Tilson
You know what value investing is: it's how Warren Buffett made his billions. Perhaps you're even familiar with value investing terminology, such as margin of safety and intrinsic value. And maybe you've already found success with value investing and know from experience that it's the most reliable way to achieve market-beating returns and accumulate significant wealth. Congratulations!
Whether you're a complete beginner in need of an A-to-Z value investing primer, an experienced investor looking to expand and fine-tune your repertoire of value investing skills, or an individual or institutional investor looking to identify the best money managers, this audiobook is for you. Authors John Heins and Whitney Tilson have brought together the collective wisdom of today's most successful value investors and distilled it into a series of actionable lessons you can put into practice right away.
Based on extensive interviews with market-beating money managers, superstar hedge fund managers and mutual fund heroes, and featuring many real-world examples, The Art of Value Investing expertly describes:
- The philosophies behind today's most successful value investing strategies
- The key skills top market-beaters think of as absolutely indispensable to success
- The types of situations and market inefficiencies value investor legends look to exploit
- How top value investors generate new investing ideas
- How to research companies, with insights on company valuation and deciding what and when to buy
- How the best value investors maintain mental and emotional discipline
- How value investing superstars learn from their mistakes and the key lessons they've learned
- Portfolio management techniques, including guidance on diversification, risk management, position-sizing, and more
But The Art of Value Investing does much more than impart information. It was designed to help you develop an approach to value investing that's just right for you. Giving you unparalleled access to the thinking of the brightest and best of the value investing world, The Art of Value Investing can save you years of frustrating (and expensive) trial-and-error. With the helping hand of value investing luminaries such as Julian Robertson, Seth Klarman, David Einhorn, Joel Greenblatt, Mason Hawkins, Jean-Marie Eveillard, Bill Ackman and Bill Nygren, to name a few, you'll discover your preferred strategies for exploiting market inefficiencies, researching and valuing companies, identifying industry sectors and geographic regions in which to invest, timing buys and sells, managing your emotions, and much more.